Thursday, January 4, 2018

Summer Finds #4 2017

My fall visit to Brimfield was less bountiful but a S. Hunt's Liniment Prov. RI medicine definitely made the trip worth it! An exciting new early patent medicine that appears to be a possible Davis Vegetable Pain Killer knockoff. The odd placement of Prov. RI on the front panel makes it even more interesting.  Nice!




My Grimes collection got rounded out with a Thos. Grimes & Bro. Inc. Providence, RI crown top. This one has the older Pine St. address, of which all known examples have blob tops.


Continuing a trend I don't mind, the last club meeting produced a Star Bottling Co. Pawtucket, RI quart in green. I have examples in clear and aqua, so now I have a trio!


It's been a while since I picked up an American Bottling Corp. Providence, RI whiskey, so I was surprised to discover this pint was unlisted.


A fellow collector spotted a 4-1/2” Hazard, Hazard & Co. NY Newport square medicine at a flea market and picked it up for me. It's an unlisted size, so I hope I can return him the favor someday!