Thursday, September 28, 2017

Winter Finds #4 2017

When a Craigslist ad featuring a blurry picture of a cobalt medicine showed up, I had to see what the fuss was about. After paying more money that I should have at the time, I came home with a Frank L. Powell Pharmacist Newport, RI in cobalt! The only listed cobalt Powells say Chemist, so this was a totally new bottle!


Also speaking of Newport, I traded for a Charles M. Cole Newport, RI medicine. At 5-1/2”, it was an unlisted size.


I was pretty sure I had pinned down most of the Casey bottles, but a beer bottle shaped F.P. Casey North Smithfield, RI proved me wrong.


I had almost literally overlooked an ABM P. Faerber & Sons Co. Newport, RI soda. The one I had says Contents 8 Fl. Oz., and this one lacked the contents embossing.


An antiquing run paid off with the discovery of a nice early Dr. Seth Arnold's Cough Killer. It has a double collar lip, while most examples have a plain square collar top. As a bonus the apostrophe in Arnold,s was a comma!