Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Winter Finds #2 2017

I have nearly every Dr. Hayne's Arabian Balsam known, but this clear 7” example was a new one to me. It comes in aqua with a spelling error, but this example spells Providence correctly. It was a little tricky to confirm as the label was applied right over the embossing!


I normally pass by the boring side embossed Blanding Providence medicines, but this one caught my eye. It has a unique double collar style lip.



I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I saw another The Ewd. Smith Co. Pawtucket, RI error whiskey. This one is my third error (Ewd instead of Edw.) size and it's a beefy quart!


What once was a bottle only spoken about in whispers is suddenly my 4th size! I guess once one surfaced the rest quickly followed. This Miller's Pharmacy Pascoag, RI is a 5-1/2” unlisted size and color (clear).


When a Clark Stanley's Herbaline Eye Water showed up on ebay, you can imagine how excited a bottle nerd like me got. Clark Stanley is the man responsible for the term snake oil, and his bottles are easily found. But he also made a few other much less successful products like this one. So far it's the only one known!