Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Winter Finds #1 2017

A friend of mine came across a J.H. Hagan & Co. Providence, RI blob. I have one in script lettering that is unlisted, and this block letter example has not been documented either!


He also had a nice McKenna Bros. Providence, RI blob. It had “this bottle to be returned” on the heel, making it a new variant!


Another dug medicine this winter was a W.H. Boardman Pharmacist Lonsdale, RI. I thought I had all the sizes, but apparently not this one, which measures 6”.


My friend was still on a roll when it came to finding RI bottles a month later with a Barbour's Westerly & Watch Hill, RI in an unlisted 6-3/4” size.


A reclusive collector was selling their lifetime collection from Newport, which needless to say got me quite excited! There was only one local medicine in the entire collection, but it was a good one. Wright & Hay Pharmacists Newport, RI. Only bottles from James T. Wright are listed.