Friday, June 9, 2017

Fall Finds # 7 2016

A large collection was liquidated somewhere in northern RI, and bottles started popping up all over the place. I was a little late to the game, but a friend of mine bought a Miller's Pharmacy Pascoag, RI pharmacy bottle. It was a marvelous unlisted 8” example, and when he told me he was selling it I couldn't say no!


I finally got to meet up with a local digger who sold me a few bottles. Among them was a fascinating soda embossed Fall River, Taunton, C.H.H., Newport, New Bedford. While it's only ¼ RI, it's 100% cool, as the other one I have like it has Coca-Cola on the shoulder!


Another antiquing find was fairly mundane, but a heel embossed Nasonville Bottling Co. was unlisted in clear.


I bought yet another George A. Peckham Grocers Supplies Providence, RI to add to the horde. This one is an early 6” version.


I returned to a massive 1920-30s dump recently, and to my delight it started producing quite a few late throws! A large Caswell, Massey & Co. NY & Newport medicine was a most welcome find.