Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Summer Finds #4 2016

I apparently missed two seltzer bottles I added a while back. One was a rather handsome Colombia Bottling Works Providence, RI with an eagle on front, and the other a Caswell Massey & Co. New York & Newport.



A large Otis Clapp & Son with Millville embossed on the base surfaced on ebay recently. At 8”, it is one of the larger Clapp bottles, which are harder to come by.


A club member dug a nice Edward Mee & Son Woonsocket, RI crown top this summer. While there are close to a dozen Mee variants, I don't see them that often, and go figure this one was unlisted!


Another surprise find was a large (10”) Phosa bottle. Normally there are 8-1/2”, so that makes 4 variants!


A local antique dealer had a scarce Walter Price & Co. Pure Drugs Westerly, RI medicine. I bought it thinking it would be an upgrade to my cracked one, but surprise! It was a different and unlisted smaller size.