Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Winter Finds #1 2016

Continuing from my last post, we have a really nice looking McKenna Bros. Mineral Waters Providence, RI seltzer. If you look back a few posts, you will find a T.E. Hickey seltzer with a nearly identical design. It's an early style, and one of my favorites!


I was pretty surprised, but very happy to see a local seltzer up in a northern RI antique store! The Gladstone Springs Water Co. Narragansett Pier, RI is my first local seltzer, and one of only two seltzers from Narragansett Pier.


It always hurts to find that rare bottle you've been after in bad condition, but it's certainly better than not finding it! Such was the case when I dug this Percy Allanson Providence, RI medicine. I have only seen one on ebay years ago, so to finally have one (albeit damaged) is pretty satisfying.



The recent purchase of a massive collection of RI soda and beer bottles produced a host of unlisted finds. (I will go into more detail in my next post.) A J.W. Gaddis Riverpoint, RI was the first unlisted bottle I came across. The only example with a monogram has a short neck, while this one has a normal appearance.


A shoulder embossed A.F. Cappelli Providence, RI became my 3rd shoulder embossed variant. This version has 12oz. embossed in the slugplate.