Saturday, December 19, 2015

Fall Finds #3 2015

I savaed the best for last with the flea market finds my friend got for me. A Ferro China DeAngelis Chemical Industrial Co. Providence, RI was the find of the month. After digging a broken example, I was determined to dig a whole one. When that proved to be unlikely, I was a little discouraged until now! With this addition my DeAngelis collection is now 90% complete.


A club member recently picked up a Checinis Indian Sebago the Great Blood Purifier. This was a bottle I had mentioned earlier in one of my “new but not mine” posts.  Virtually all Indian bottles from RI are very rare, and this one is no exception.  I am now the proud owner of one! 


A digger in South Carolina found a cobalt blue Caswell Mack & Co. Chemists New York & Newport medicine recently. Talk about a traveling bottle! This version is only listed in clear.


When it comes to the Everett & Barron shoe polish bottles, the word “rare” is scarcely ever used. The exception is when one deals with the amber versions. I was quite delighted to finally get an amber Everett & Barron Co. Providence, RI. While listed as BIM, this example is ABM.


It was with some reluctance that I made the trip to the Coventry, CT bottle show. It is one of the smaller shows in the area, and the last couple times I went I fould very little. My persistence paid off in a big way when one seller handed me a Cundall & Ball's Pharmacy Block Island, RI medicine!!! Little did he know that this was my most wanted local bottle of all time. Once he handed it to me the bottle never left my hands. It was even more exciting to find out that it was unlisted size! Where's the other one?