Sunday, June 8, 2014

Spring Finds #6



A few years ago I passed up a handmade Hand Brewing Co. Pawtucket, RI crown top beer.  The machine made examples are one of the most common RI liquor bottles known, but I had only seen one handmade (aka unlisted) example.  I was still kicking myself until recently, when I was finally able to purchase two from a fellow collector from Mass.  To my delight, they were both different variants!


Also included in the BIM Hand bottle package was a machine made Hand Brewing Co. Pawtucket in light aqua.  This common bottle usually comes in a greenish aqua, so this light aqua is an unlisted color.


I didn’t expect to see another variant of the LaSalle Shiloh Bottling Wks. Providence green quart soda.  I have two versions of this shoulder and heel embossed soda, but now I have three!  They are all unlisted.  I believe LaSalle was the Shiloh Bottling Work’s brand of ginger ale.


The last unlisted bottle from my friend was a nice S. Levin & Sons Co. Providence blob top.  This narrow monogrammed example is unlisted.


A recent dig at the big town dump produced a Ruhland & Co. Cranston, RI crown top.  This is the scarce version of the Lewis Ruhland bottles, and is unlisted as a crown top.  Sadly this example lacks a bottom…