Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fall Finds #9



A few months ago I had eyeballed a Yacht Club Bottling Works Centerdale, RI shoulder embossed soda.  It sported a higher than appealing price, but I made a note to check the size.  Sure enough, it was a pint sized bottle, which was unlisted. 

 
Responding to a Craigslist post almost turned out to be a wash.  Aside from one RI blob, I finally added an amber ABM Otis Clapp & Son Incorporated medicine.  It is only listed as BIM.


It was finally that time of the year again!  After a lot of procrastinating at river sites, I finally revisited the Warwick dump.  It had met the owner back in March, and we had made an agreement of $1 per decent, undamaged bottle.  I had found enough to see the site had immense potential.  Summer brought an impenetrable blockade of Japanese knotweed.  This revisitation was an exciting one, as I got a hand from a backhoe.  The landowner dug up a spot I was skeptical of, and before long I had my hands full!  One semi-crier was a Cappelli Bros. Spruce cor. Sutton St. Providence, RI blob.  This is an early (1880s) blob from before A.F. and Nicola Cappelli went their separate ways.  This example had a period after Spruce and Providence.


The Warwick dump produced a lot of Roger Williams Bottling Co. Cranston, RI sodas.  A crown top with the HK monogram turned out to be another variant, this one being my 13th!


Last but not least was a Natick Bottling Co. Natick, RI blob.  Crown top sodas from this small town are uncommon, and a blob is unlisted!