Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Spring Finds #3



Welcome back!  I apologize for the delay since my last post.
 
I’ll pick up where I left off in my last post, the Stillwater Antique Center.  My second find of the day (also reasonably priced) was a J.A. Hebert Central Falls, RI handmade crown top soda.  While crown top examples of this bottle are listed with fancy script embossing, this one has a simple slug plate.


I will now return to more of the ever-impressive Otis collection!  Next up is yet another Standard Bottling Co. Pawtucket, RI.  This 7oz. ABM crown top is unlisted, and one of the newest Standard bottles I have come across.


Just when I couldn’t think of another Standard Bottling Co. bottle, surprise!  How about a seltzer?  While not as striking as the etched wine, it’s a great looking seltzer, and it happens to be my third etched bottle from the company.  What variety!


The Maine Bottling Co. of Providence, RI achieved moderate success in the sale of carbonated beverages.  This unlisted shoulder and heel embossed 16oz. bottle isn’t much to look at, but it does fit nicely between my 8oz. and quart sized examples.


Another slightly more interesting shoulder and heel embossed soda is a quart sized Yacht Club Bottling Works Centerdale, RI.  There are no quart-sized embossed bottles listed from the company, so this is an excellent addition to the family!